At Samsung Group and Samsung Electronics, our products, our people and our approach to business are held to only the highest standards so that we can more effectively contribute to a better world.
The digital age has brought revolutionary change – and opportunity – to global business and Samsung has responded with advanced techno-logies, competitive products and constant innovation.
At Samsung, we see every challenge as an opportunity and
believe we are perfectly positioned as one of the world's recognised
leaders in the digital technology industry.
Our commitment to being the world's best has won us the No.1 global market share for 13 of our products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Looking forward, we're making historic advances in research and development of our overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing best-in-class LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances and more.
- Samsung Electronics Held the 4th Samsung Young Design Award in Italy
- Samsung Electronics Introduced Samsung Galaxy Tab to U.S. Market
- Samsung Mobile Display developed flexible AMOLED panel with four times clearer WVGA resolution
- Samsung Electronics honoured with 37 CES 2011 Innovation Awards
- Samsung Electronics launched OMNIA 7, the first Windows Phone 7 smartphone
- Samsung announced that it will establish seven social enterprises over the next three years to support the underprivileged in Korea
- Samsung Electronics began mass producing 20nm-class, 64-gigabit 3-bit NAND flash memory
- Samsung Engineering won the Sabah (Malaysia) Oil & Gas Terminal Project
- Cheil Industries established the WPM (World Premier Materials) flexible display business unit
- Samsung Electronics held the WCG 2010 Samsung Euro Championship at IFA 2010
- Samsung Electronics held the “Samsung Mobile Solutions Forum 2010” in Taiwan
- Samsung’s brand value was ranked No. 19 in the world by Interbrand’s 2010 Best Global Brands
- Samsung Electronics’ 3D LED 8000 & 7000 series TVs were selected as this year’s best TVs by product testing magazines “Which?” in UK and “Test” in Germany
- Samsung Electronics won five European EISA Awards
- Samsung Electronics introduced Samsung Galaxy Tab to U.S. market
- Samsung Electronics’ TV won “Product of the Year” Award in Russia two years in a row.
- Samsung Electronics qualified foundry industry’s first 32nm low power High-K Metal Gate Logic Process and Design Ecosystem
- Samsung Electronics introduced high-speed 512GB SSD utilizing new toggle-mode DDR NAND memory
- Samsung Electronics captured five 2010 IDEA awards
- Samsung Fire and Marine Insurance entered the Chinese automobile insurance market
- Samsung Electronics hosts “Samsung Global Developer’s Day” for the Bada platform
- Samsung announced that it will invest $20 billion in new projects such as in eco-friendly and health care sectors by 2020
- Samsung Life Insurance went public with IPO in Korean Market
- Samsung Electronics launched World’s first 3D home theatre
- Samsung Electronics launched WAVE, the first smartphone based on Bada platform
- Samsung Engineering won $1.7 billion petrochemical plant contract in UAE
- Samsung Corning Precision Glass changed company name to Samsung Corning Precision Materials
- Samsung Mobile Display developed the World’s largest 19-inch transparent AMOLED display
- Samsung Electronics merged with Samsung Digital Imaging
- Samsung Heavy Industries won $500 Million contract for nine oil tankers
- Samsung Electronics announced the industry’s first multi-chip package (MCP) with PRAM – for use in mobile handsets
- Samsung Electronics’ Android Phone “Moment” for the U.S. won the “Best in Show” award at 2010 CTIA
- Samsung Electronics was awarded 2010 Green Communication Award
- Samsung Electronics globally launched the World’s first “Full HD 3D LED TV”
- Samsung Electronics developed industry’s first 30-nanometer-class DRAM
- Samsung Electronics opened its Olympic Rendezvous @ Samsung (OR@S) for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Samsung Electronics was ranked No. 1 in market share for French Door refrigerators in the U.S.
- Samsung Electronics committed its sponsorship with the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games (Singapore 2010) as a Worldwide Partner
- Samsung C&T opened Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building
- Samsung SDS merged with Samsung Networks
- Samsung Electronics began mass producing industry’s first 3D TV panels